Title: Director of Marketing
Type: Salary with benefits
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to help us develop SEO and PPC strategies, and help our marketing team deliver remarkable results to our clients. This is a senior-level position; experience in SEO and/or PPC is required.
The Director of Marketing’s main objective is to ensure client success at a high level through developing new strategies and coaching/training the Summit marketing staff, ultimately helping achieve longer client retention. The person must be humble, hungry, forward-thinking, stay on top of digital marketing trends/successful strategies, be organized, competent, self-motivated, trustworthy, honest, have a good work ethic, and have a willingness to learn and grow, The candidate needs to have a strong understanding and experience in the digital marketing skills listed below.
Summit Digital Marketing is a remote digital marketing agency (based out of Colorado Springs, Colorado) specializing in SEO and PPC services. We serve clients in 75+ different industries across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Main Responsibilities Include
- STRATEGIC PLANNING: Design, test, optimize, and implement SEO and PPC strategies (including evolving/improving current ones) for clients, and Summit. Work with the marketing team to review data and A/B tests, then ensure successful strategies and tactics are implemented and documented internally. Also, work with the CEO and Director of Operations on key SQL opportunities to develop high-level SEO strategies for prospects and clients when necessary.
- RESULTS AND RETENTION: Be a “second layer” for monitoring client numbers/ROI, helping PODs improve results where needed. Help marketing team and PODS develop digital marketing strategies that get the best ROI for clients – ultimately helping retain clients for as long as possible.
- PERFORMANCE TRACKING & REPORTING: Utilize analytics and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts, providing regular reports to the executive team.
- MARKETING LEADERSHIP: Provide input and feedback to the marketing team, help solve problems and make decisions that arise, and provide marketing leadership expertise to the team and clients as needed (on the phone, in-person, over Zoom, Slack, etc.). The Director of Marketing will help coach and train the marketing team to improve the marketing maturity and skill level on the team.
- MARKETING SUPPORT: The Director of Marketing will also need to step in to help the marketing team with specific tasks from time to time. Specifically, when different members are out of the office on vacation, maternity leave, paternity leave, and for other reasons. This may include – but is not limited to – leading meetings, SEO work, PPC work, reporting, copywriting, and other tasks.
- DIRECT MARKETING FOR SUMMIT: The Director of Marketing will oversee, direct, and implement a digital marketing strategy for Summit. This strategy will include maintaining a professional online presence for our brand and also implementing strategies/tactics that generate qualified leads for the sales team.
- At least 3 years Digital Marketing Experience
- At least 1 year of leadership experience
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not required.
Skills and Character Traits Needed
Summit Digital Marketing’s five core values are love, excellence, authenticity, relationships, and results. The ideal candidate will embody these core values in their character and work ethic. Specifically, for this role, this looks like:
- Treating other people the way you would want to be treated.
- Valuing people and caring about the client’s success.
- Advanced understanding of digital marketing strategy.
- Strong skills and experience in SEO, PPC, and digital marketing strategy.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be organized, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience with Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Calendar a plus.
- Ability to work independently, take responsibility and initiate, and get work done in a remote work environment.
- Honesty and integrity.
- A willingness to learn, grow, and continually get better.
Perks and Benefits
- Strong Salary
- Remote work: work from wherever you want, as long as you get the work done
- Health Insurance (company covers 75% of insurance premiums)
- Dental Insurance (company covers 75% of insurance premiums)
- Vision Insurance (company covers 75% of insurance premiums)
- Life Insurance (company covers 100% of life insurance premiums)
- 401K Account
- Fridays off in March, July, and December
- 15 days of paid time off (PTO)
- Your birthday off
- 10 national holidays off
- Seven days of “PSI” (personal, service, and/or illness) days off
- 1lb of Coffee and book of your choosing mailed to your house every quarter
- Hulu Subscription
- Fully paid annual company retreat
- Awesome, encouraging team and company culture
- Paid maternity leave (12 weeks) / paid paternity leave (2 weeks) after one year of employment
- Opportunity to love your work with a growing digital marketing agency that serves clients around the world