Title: SEO Specialist
Type: Salary with Benefits
Summit Digital Marketing is looking for a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist to help our clients improve their organic search rankings, traffic, and results (revenue and lead generation). This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate SEO skills and prior SEO results for his/her company or clients.
Please note: This is an employee position; not a contractor position. We are not open to contractor applications.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- ALL THINGS SEO: The SEO Specialist does all things related to SEO for their PODS clients…. Keyword research, on-page SEO, technical SEO, link building, content creation, setting up SEO analytics tools (like Search Console and Ahrefs), staying on top of SEO trends/changes, contributing to onboarding meetings and monthly meetings with ideas and suggestions from an SEO perspective, etc. The SEO specialist can have their POD’s Digital Marketing Specialist help them with tasks, but the SEO Specialist is the primary one responsible for doing the SEO work to ensure SEO results.
- COPYWRITING: Writing on-page SEO copy, new SEO-informed copy for websites (if applicable), writing copy for new SEO power pages, etc. The SEO Specialist wants a page to rank well, but then also convert well once a visitor comes to the website’s page.
- ASSIGNING SEO-RELATED TASKS: After the SEO Specialist identifies technical errors, creative needed, link-building opportunities he/she needs assistance on, and/or other SEO-related tasks, the SEO Specialist is then responsible for assigning action steps in Asana to Summit’s developer(s), designer(s), digital marketing specialist, or other Summit team member. This also includes requesting SEO-related design assets as needed (i.e. infographics, images, etc.) This is to be shared with their Account Manager internally for review prior to being sent to the client for review.
- LINK BUILDING: The SEO Specialist will engage in link building research and outreach, with the goal of building more quality backlinks to their client’s website(s). This may include trying to get press, attaining guest blogging opportunities, and other link building initiatives.
- SEO LEARNING AND INNOVATION: The SEO specialist is responsible for staying on top of SEO changes/trends, speaking up internally with ideas, and thinking “outside of the box” with new ideas and SEO strategies he/she thinks are worth trying out.
Skills and Character Traits Needed:
Summit Digital Marketing’s five core values are love, excellence, authenticity, relationships, and results. The ideal candidate will embody these core values in their character and work ethic. Specifically, for this role, this looks like:
- Experienced and skilled in Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- SEO experience with Google is required; SEO experience on Amazon or Etsy is a big plus.
- Ideally experienced within Ahrefs, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, and Google Ads Keyword Planner. Knowledge of other SEO tools and keyword research tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated creativity with link-building tactics, problem solving, copywriting, and content creation.
- Knowledge of white hat SEO best practices.
- Not afraid of reaching out and talking to new people.
- Ability to work independently, take responsibility, initiate, and get work done in a remote work environment. (Candidate will need the ability to work in a quiet environment when meeting with clients.)
- Ability to work well with others.
- A willingness to learn, grow, and continually improve.
- Strong Salary
- Remote work: work from wherever you want, as long as you get the work done
- Health Insurance (company covers 75% of insurance premiums)
- Dental Insurance (company covers 75% of insurance premiums)
- Vision Insurance (company covers 75% of insurance premiums)
- Life Insurance (company covers 100% of life insurance premiums)
- Fridays off in July and December
- 15 days of paid time off (PTO)
- Your birthday off
- 10 national holidays off
- Seven days of “PSI” (personal, service, and/or illness) days off
- 1lb of Coffee and book of your choosing mailed to your house every quarter
- Hulu Subscription
- Fully paid annual company retreat in Florida
- Awesome, encouraging team and company culture
- Paid maternity leave (12 weeks) / paid paternity leave (2 weeks) after one year of employment
- Opportunity to love your work with a growing digital marketing agency that serves clients around the world