Title: Front-End Web Developer
Position: Full-Time (Salary)
Type: Salary with full benefits
We are looking for a web developer to help us with various website and technical tasks, that are related to search engine optimization (SEO) and pay per click advertising (PPC). The person must be teachable, competent, self-motivated, trustworthy, honest, able to listen to instructions, have a good work ethic, and a willingness to learn.
Summit Digital Marketing is a remote digital marketing agency (based out of Colorado Springs, Colorado) specializing in SEO and PPC services. We serve clients in 50+ different industries across North America, Europe, and Asia.
This position will initially be a part-time W2 employee position, with the potential to become full-time W2 salaried position if both parties want to move forward. Please only apply if you are willing to eventually become a full-time employee that loves working with a competent, fun, growing, loving team.
Main Responsibilities include
- Adding code and scripts to our website and client websites.
- Helping configure event tracking through Google Tag Manager.
- Updating web pages with new copy, links, images, and other information as instructed by the marketing team.
- Technical SEO fixes: removing/adding code, helping optimize page speed, setting up 301 redirects, fixing broken pages and links, and other tasks assigned by the marketing team.
- Sitemap updates and creating new pages on websites.
- Helping create landing pages.
- Debugging code and technical problems.
- Ability to read documentation and quickly learn how to use something you’ve never used before, whether it’s a plugin, tracking tool, or templating language. (Most important skill needed.)
- Understanding of CMS platforms WordPress, Shopify, and SquareSpace.
- Understanding of hosting best practices, DNS, CDNs, etc.
- Understanding of APIs and how to utilize them.
- Understanding of, or a desire to learn, PHP, Python, and/or Ruby.
- WordPress and WordPress templating.
- Shopify and Shopify templating.
- SquareSpace experience.
- How to debug code and resolve technical issues.
- Design sense (does not need to be a designer, but understanding of design best practices is a plus).
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics is a huge plus.
- Experience with Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Calendar a plus.
- Very strong written communication skills.
- Ability to be organized, with a keen attention to detail.
Character Traits Needed
Summit Digital Marketing’s five core values are love, excellence, authenticity, relationships, and results. The ideal candidate will embody these core values in their character and work ethic. Specifically, this looks like:
- Treating other people the way you would want to be treated.
- Valuing people and caring about clients, their success, and their happiness.
- Ability to work independently, take responsibility and initiate, and get work done in a remote work environment. (Candidate will need the ability to work in a quiet environment when meeting with clients.)
- A willingness to learn, grow, and continually get better.
- Strong Salary
- Remote work: work from wherever you want, as long as you get the work done
- Health Insurance (company covers 75% of insurance premiums)
- Dental Insurance (company covers 75% of insurance premiums)
- Vision Insurance (company covers 75% of insurance premiums)
- Life Insurance (company covers 100% of life insurance premiums)
- Fridays off in July and December
- 15 days of paid time off (PTO)
- Your birthday off
- 10 national holidays off
- Seven days of “PSI” (personal, service, and/or illness) days off
- 1lb of Coffee and book of your choosing mailed to your house every quarter
- Hulu Subscription
- Fully paid annual company retreat in Florida
- Awesome, encouraging team and company culture
- Paid maternity leave (12 weeks) / paid paternity leave (2 weeks) after one year of employment
- Opportunity to love your work with a growing digital marketing agency that serves clients around the world